Saturday, October 2, 2010

celebrating National Homemade Cookie Day

October 1st is National Homemade Cookie Day.  What?  You didn't know & you missed it?  Well...if you're like me,  you don't need a holiday to celebrate cookies!  
Kelli at Random Thoughts of a SUPERMOM brought this holiday to my attention.  
Head over there and check out her cookies - YUMMY!

I'm a big fan of the pull apart and bake cookies 
(they are less messy & darn near idiot proof)....
but today I decided to get out the mixer and make 'real' cookies.
My favorite cookies are chocolate chip..we only had white chocolate chips (not a big fan).  Next choice was peanut butter (the kids nixed those).  We finally all agreed on M&M cookies.  I used the chocolate chip cookie recipe from Toll House (pronounced 'Toullll Howsa' - if you watched FRIENDS, you will get the joke).  
Instead of chocolate chips..we added M&M's.  
Simple.


* we fancied them up by using the Fall themed M&M's :)


My homemade cookies never look pretty...


Where are all the M&M's??  Oh wait - there they are...at the bottom!


They are definitely homemade. UGH!
None are the same size, some are crispy, some are chewy. 


But nothing tastes looks better than a stack of fresh baked cookies!!


Want to see how everyone celebrated - head on over to the cookie link party.  
Maybe you'll find a new favorite recipe!!
RandomThoughtsofaSUPERMOM

6 comments:

Kelli W said...

Thanks for linking up Staci! I like M&M cookies, but for some reason we don't make them very often....probably because all the M&M get eaten before they can make it into the cookie dough:)

Jenn said...

Hee hee!! They look like a picture of cookies I made!! lol!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh boy do those look yummy. I love me some cookies. Got milk?

FrouFrouBritches said...

You are too funny! I cannot think about Nestle Toll House cookies without thinking of that Friends episode. So funny! I so miss that show.

Those cookies look GOOD!

Janet said...

I've had that happen so many times! Nearly all of those times where when I was making them to take somewhere. Figures! :)

Carrie said...

Here's a tip: Before you add the M&Ms (or chocolate chips, nuts, etc) toss them in a bit of the flour. Then, mix them into the dry ingredients before you add it all to the wet stuff... It will keep them from sinking to the bottom of the cookie during baking

Carrie @ www.creativecarrienregan.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails