Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Feeling a little BLUE

Now that the birthday celebrations are over (we had 3 total - one for each monster...and one big one) & the cupcakes are out of the house - my clothes are a little snug :)...
it's time to focus on the 
65th Wedding Anniversary for my husband's grandparents.  
My mother-in-law asked if I would help plan a party for her parents. 
I said yes (because I LOVE the planning part).  
Since Sapphire is the traditional 65th Anniversary gift...
I started with the color blue for my inspiration. 

First up..invitations.  I came across Download and Print
I totally fell in love with this idea (FREE)!
It just so happened that the perfect invitation had just posted - made this decision pretty simple.






















I printed the invitations on 'snowy' white cardstock - creating a little shine.  Then I mounted it on navy cardstock 
(which matches the colors of the scrolling design).  
They turned out pretty darn cute!

Next up was favors - gotta have some goodies too :)
This is where Pamela at Party Starters comes in.  She makes these super cute favor boxes and I had to have them.  
They will match the color scheme perfectly 
(and they are on their way to me right now-yipee)!















Next up will be a few centerpieces and other goodies...can't wait to see what I find!






2 comments:

Unknown said...

ohhh you are off to a great start! love the colors!

Lelan @ Good Gravy! said...

OH, I LOVE that invitation!

Related Posts with Thumbnails