Wednesday, August 11, 2010

5 dollar...5 dollar footlong

I have wanted to try my hand at 'subway art' for a while now.  
After seeing the subway art showcase at 
Tatertots and Jello, I was inspired to do it!  I chose a canvas, spray painted it blue & got to work.  I picked summer as my theme.  
I tried to choose words that mean 'summertime' us.  
I used my cricut to cut the letters and I was ready.
(I used lime green paper, which is hard to tell in the picture)
I used Mod Podge to hold down the letters and then I covered the whole canvas.
Man I love a product it's ok to make a mess with :)

I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. 

What I love most is that it's so simple.  There's no wrong way to do it.  
Vinyl letters would make a perfect choice (less mess).  
You can use glass, canvas or wood for your 'board'.  
You choose the words so it's totally personalized.  
I already have some ideas for more pieces of art...
I'm thinking football season (Go Noles) and Halloween (just to start)







NightOwlCrafting




Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden







Show and Tell Green


giveaways
   
PonyTails And FishScales       
    

6 comments:

Kelli W said...

Very cute! I tried one a few weeks ago, but it was a major fail. I tried to make a stencil out of contact paper instead of doing the mod podge, but the paint bleed under the stencil. I may have to break down and do the mod podge version!!

FrouFrouBritches said...

I love, love, love it! I want to do one so bad, but I don't have a Cricut and I'm waaaay to lazy to use an exacto knife to cut out all those letters. That's sooooo not going to happen! Great job!!

Kristi Flanagan said...

I love it - you did a great job!

Kristi
Punkin Seed Productions

Lori T said...

You linked up before me in a linking party, so I thought I'd come say hi. Love your project! I really need to get me a cricut, too!

L Simonson said...

Fun subway art! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. I am now following back :)

www.paisleypassions.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That turned out awesome! Thanks for sharing at It's Party Time Thursday at PonyTails&FishScales!

Related Posts with Thumbnails