Sunday, August 22, 2010

freezer paper stencils..I finally tried it (& I like it)

I've seen freezer paper stencils all over the place.  
They looked so cute (and so simple).  
I longed to try one (ok..not longed like I long for 6 straight hours of sleep) 
but I really wanted to try it.  
I was over at I Am Momma - Hear Me Roar reading about her little one's first day of  pre-school (too cute) & going through the same thing with the lizard.  
In Cheri's post..she had a link to her video tutorial on freezer paper stenciling.  
So while the lizard was in school..the ladybug and I hit up JoAnn's.  
Got some Tulip paint and a few shirts.
(she picked hot pink for herself and gray for the lizard)
Knowing how I have little no patience..
I didn't want to mess up the ladybug's pretty pink shirt.  
I practiced on one of her white tees. 

I used vinyl letters (I already had) as my guide.  
Stuck them on the freezer paper and used an exacto knife to cut around them.

I ironed the freezer paper onto the shirt (shiny side down).  Once all the edges were 'stuck' to the shirt..I started painting.  I used a foam brush to sponge on the paint. 
*make sure to put a cloth/cardboard/towel inside the shirt to prevent the paint from getting on the other side.

Once the paint sets (for me, I waited ~2 patience), remove the stencil.

The ladybug has a cute new FSU shirt..just in time for football season!

More t-shirts to come...:)



linking to At My House with
Buttons by Lou Lou
 Buttons by Lou Lou


leelea said...

I have tried it and Loved it!!!! Glad you jumped in too!!! The Cricut makes this craft really easy and addicting!!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

OK...gotta try this for me too. Thanks for sharing. Can you make me a UOFM shirt? LOL

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I haven't tried freezer paper stencils. I really should though :)

Pam @ PartyStart.Me said...

Dang it, you always have the most fabulous ideas...I LOVE IT!!

Kristi Flanagan said...

I'm excited to see what other t-shirts you come up with! I've always wanted to try freezer paper've inspired me!


Punkin Seed Productions

I Am Momma - Hear Me Roar said...

Way to go! You nailed it! Thanks for sharing this with me. I'm excited to see what you make next. It does get pretty addictive! Have a great day!!!

Buttons by Lou Lou said...

Something I have also been meaning to try for a LONG time. You make it look so easy. I wouldn't know where to start with the design. I will have to think about it a bit harder. Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for joining in again this week. Great to see what's been happening at your house. Lou.

Anonymous said...

WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for talbots ladies clothing

Feel free to visit my webpage :: affiliate marketing tips

Anonymous said...

What's up, this weekend is fastidious for me, since this occasion i am reading this enormous educational paragraph here at my home.

Feel free to surf to my web page mens vestal watches

Related Posts with Thumbnails