Friday, September 10, 2010

one craft..many possibilities

I've seen burlap dry erase boards around lately.
*edited to add...Thanks Jen at Craft-O-Maniac for the link to her dry erase board. 
And might I say...she's got the lead on rockin' Halloween decorations :) 
If you've posted one..please let me know - I'd love to see them.
I found this simple frame at Wal-Mart ($3.00).  
I had the burlap leftover from my holiday table runner.


Got out my hot glue gun & went to work.  I glued the burlap to the mat that came with the frame..flipped it over and put it back under the glass.

less than 15 minutes later..I had a dry erase board.
*only use dry-erase markers...I've learned the hard way*

a to-do list perhaps?

or the opposite of a 'welcome' sign


or maybe a 'menu' board



The possibilities are endless.  
Make little ones to use as table numbers...paint the frame & decorate it to make a cute 'chore chart' for your kids...decorate the frame with Halloween themed stuff and you've got a blank canvas for a 'trick-or-treat'/'BOO'/'goblins live here' sign.  






Punkin Seed Productions


Photobucket




New Friend Fridays

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I love it! I love how neutral it is and that does lead to so many possibilities. Next to you today at New Friend Fridays and glad I am. I'm a new follower.

Unknown said...

Its fun huh? I am the one that made the burlap dry erase board... others have done scrapaper or fabric. I even used a good Ol' walmart frame.

http://craftomaniac.blogspot.com/2010/09/buralp-dry-erase-frame-board.html

Have a great day. Jen

He & Me + 3 said...

Yeah that is so cute. I just love Jen. She is rockin at crafts.

Sassy Sites! said...

Thanks for joining our blog hop over at Sassy Sites! There are some amazing blogs out there, and you are definitely one of them! I'm a follower of yours too! Happy Friday! xoxo

Marni @ Sassy Sites!

Lelan @ Good Gravy! said...

Holy cow, that's an easy craft. Love it!

~Dawn~ said...

I LOVE IT! :) Fabulous idea.

Dawn @ Mom-a-Logues
http://www.mom-a-logues.blogspot.com

An Experiment in Happiness said...

What a fun quick craft idea!
~Jessica
http://myhappinessexperiment.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

No` Not at all! I so appreciate you updating the post and emailing me a Thank you. Honestly its someone else... and they have created two spaces just like mine and its even more odd because they follow my family decor blog and leave me comments too. However, no credit what so ever was given to me. Sorry, if I worried you. ;) Jen

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

Fun project!

Related Posts with Thumbnails