Friday, October 29, 2010

I'm throwing my ideas in the ring

Pam at Party Starters is having a birthday next month & 
she's decided to get some help planning her party.  
Pretty clever if you ask me - everyone else finds fab ideas for her.  
It's like she's getting her gifts early :)

Here are the details of the challenge.   
The short version - Pam was inspired by a charcoal grey sweater & jeans...
my kinda gal!!  
She loves chocolate, music and is a big ol sap :)


Here is my 'inspiration board' - I would love to have this kinda party, btw!!!

the sunburst mirror was the first thing that popped in my head - 
don't know why, but it did (plus I think it's cool - like Pam)

  I picture the shorter glasses being used to serve cupcakes*. 
The taller glasses for cocktails**.

I thought it would be fun to incorporate Pam's favorite color with clever garnish.  

The damask could be used a gazillion ways.  
Table runners, invitations (with a cream colored overlay), 
on boxes to display cupcakes or even as place cards or menu signs.

The piano stand would be great to display flavor/topping menu at the cupcake buffet, drink menu at the bar and even pictures of the birthday girl :)

Silver/gray colored ribbon would be the perfect accent to custom drink markers.
The rose pillow looks cozy - which is kinda what I feel Pam's party should be...
comfortable, easy and smooooooth - just like her!! 


*ok..enough of that - let's talk cupcakes
I'm a simple girl - I like chocolate and vanilla. For cupcakes and frosting.  
 Here are my ideas for toppings (or just to eat whenever)
Oreo truffles, mini marshmallows, salted caramel, fresh fruit

**for drinks - I see a 'Pam-tini'..
{whatever type of martini-like drink} 
with a great green garnish (apple slice, cucumber slice, lime, basil - you get the idea)
And to add just a little 'old school' - green jello shots :)


Pam, no matter which idea you choose -- I hope you have a wonderful birthday!



2 comments:

Melissa C said...

More great ideas for Pam's party!! Love that pillow!!

Pamela Smerker said...

Oh my goodness you are making me blush!! This is so awesome, love all of your ideas...its like you know me or something! Totally digging that mirror and the rose pillow WAY fab!!
Thanks so much for spending the time to put this together. I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails