Monday, November 8, 2010

Easy etched Christmas jar

My high school reunion weekend was fun.  It was great seeing OLD friends :) 
and hanging out with their families.

On to crafty things!  
Last week, I guest posted at Me Making Do 
as part of the 'A Crafty Creative Christmas'  
I was honored to be included!



Here is my super easy project - literally took me ~15 mins.  
Here is what I started with:
Armour Etch, contact paper and an empty (clean) salsa jar.

 I used the contact paper to cut out a stencil.  Then I stuck it to my jar.  
I chose a simple tree and added a small heart in the middle.  
Obviously, you can use any stencil (more detailed or not) you choose.  
Just make sure that all the edges are secure against the jar.  
The cream will etch whatever it touches.  
Glop on the cream and wait 5 mins.


After you rinse off all of the cream, remove the contact paper and clean the glass with glass cleaner (I use a mix of water & vinegar)...you have this

sorry for the glare..it's hard to take a picture of glass :)

Add some festive ribbon and you've got a cute gift jar, candy jar, candle jar.
You get the idea.
{if you wanted a 'closed' jar..spray paint the lid - it's that simple!}


Fancy ribbons, twine, raffia or nothing at all.  
It's such an easy craft to dress up or dress down. 

 Start saving your jars now, once you etch..you'll be hooked!



I'm working on some Thanksgiving goodies...
anything in particular you'd like to see?
banners, cupcake toppers, candy treats
Let me know and I'll see what I can do for ya'


linking up:

mmm button

The Girl Creative



5 comments:

Jen @ EmbellishingLifeEveryday said...

I have yet to etch glass, great tutorial, I just might give it a shot.
You are one crafty lady! I check here often for some of your inspiration!

Lelan @ Good Gravy! said...

Aww, super cute!

He & Me + 3 said...

That turned out so cute. Looked fairly simple too. Might have to try it. Keep them coming. I am in the crafting mood.

Carey C. Bailey said...

Cute!I don't know why but I can never get mine to work. I follow the directions and it always rinses right off.

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

Very cute! I have been dying to try some etching.

Related Posts with Thumbnails