Thursday, November 4, 2010

Turkey Thursday

Now that Halloween is over...it's time to get ready for Thanksgiving.
I am hosting Thanksgiving dinner at our house this year.  
I'm planning a casual gathering (I'll give you peeks along the way).  
One thing I always like to have at parties/dinners/get-togethers is sweets.  
Shock, I know!


Here's a little treat I came up with using leftover Halloween candy.

this is what I started with

This is what I ended up with
I used black icing gel to make 'eyes'


These would make fun treats for a classroom.  
They would be great as cupcake toppers.  
A bunch of these displayed on a simple platter would look pretty cool too.  
It may be a little more time consuming, but how cute would these be on a stick?!?


Play around with your Halloween candy (if you have any leftover) 
to see what goodies you can make!  
Let me know if you do.  
If you have pictures, please post them to my Facebook page.  
I'd love to see!!


**I was a guest at Me Making Do...
hop over to see my post (I hope you like it)**


Linking up here:











Get your craft on Thurs.
giveaways










16 comments:

Jodee said...

What a clever idea! So cute too!

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

This is a neat idea. My son would love to make one of these.

Kelli W said...

Such a cute turkey! I have a ton of candy corn that I need to find something to do with:)

FrouFrouBritches said...

CUTE!!!! Love it! You are so creative!

Corinna said...

These are just as cute as can be! Great idea!

Corinna

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

SO SMART - Love this idea!

Elizabeth Santamaria said...

very cute!!! thanks for sharing!

Lorie said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!

I am going to have to update my turkey treats post with this little guy!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

These are so adorable, Staci! Very clever. I tossed my candy corn because I ate so much that just looking at it made me want to hurl! I'll have to see if I can figure something out with the other candy we have.

Lelan @ Good Gravy! said...

Ahh! The black icing eyes really does the trick.

tania said...

these are so adorable~ i would love to make for my son's ps class, but we have kids with peanut allergies. i wonder what i could use instead of pb cups?

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

Thanks everyone!

@Tania, you could probably use Rolos. I'm pretty sure they are peanut-free.

Kattie said...

Very cute idea!

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

Very clever. I wish I was creative like that.

Mandy Coffey said...

this is SO cute! My co-workers and I are dying right now. We are going to make these for our staff luncheon before thanksgiving break. Thank you!

I'll also be featuring this on my blog smallfineprint.blogspot.com on 11/22/10

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

Love these! I'm linking to them on my Friday Favorites.

Related Posts with Thumbnails