Wednesday, March 2, 2011

.01 never looked so sweet

If you missed my post it is.  The husband and I celebrated our 7th anniversary!  We never really get 'real' gifts for each other.  Instead, we check a table of Traditional (T) and Modern (M) Anniversary Gifts and try to come up with clever presents.  
For year (our 5th, I think) the 'table' said Wood (T) and Silverware (M), I got the husband a set of bamboo mixing spoons.  
It's not for everyone, but we think it's pretty funny!!  

This year's 'theme' is Wool/Copper (T) and Desk Sets (M).  
I knew I wanted to incorporate a penny somehow..and since it's our 7th - "LUCKY" had to be included too.  As luck would have it (hardee har har), The Crafting Chicks had recently posted a load of freebies for St. Patrick's Day.  
My gift was practically handed to me!

I shined up my penny, picked out my freebie tag, 
grabbed some kraft paper, punches, ribbon and a glue dot.

(from 2004, the year we got married - awwww)

I decided a bookmark would fit the 'deskset' category.  
I cut my kraft paper slightly bigger than my "Lucky" tag.  
Used a circle & scallop punch.  
Attached the penny with a glue dot.


I LOVE the way it turned out.  So simple but so sweet!!


The Crafting Chicks have several versions 
(for friends, teachers and even round tags) 
so this could easily work for a St. Patrick's Day treat.  

Make bookmarks, like me.
Add a treat bag of Lucky Charms.
Use them as water bottle labels.

so many possibilities!!
It's my favorite kind of craft...simple, sweet and inexpensive!


Kelli @ RTSM said...

Such a cute idea! We did anniversary gifts like that one year too:) It was fun!

Great Gatherings said...

Love it! So creative and cute. Happy Wednesday to you! March 2, I can't believe it!

JC's Loft said...

I LOVE simple, sweet, and inexpensive! What a thoughtful gift!


Jenny from Crossing the Bugger-Dixon Line said...

so cute!

Laura { Eye Candy Event Details} said...

LOVE this! How cute & you did such a great job! Bet he loved it! =)

Andi @ Jane of all crafts said...

I love this idea! i think my husband and I will start this tradition! Happy Anniversary!!

Alicia said...

I love the freebies! Thanks for the link! I am totally stealing this for St Patty's day! too cute

Jodee said...

What a fun tradition! This gift is perfect!

Related Posts with Thumbnails