Monday, April 23, 2012

Our Lorax play date

I hope you all had a great weekend.  
We had a fun (and busy) one.  
Baseball game Saturday morning followed by our Lorax/Earth Day playdate 
- which turned into a LONG party with 12 kids 
plus a few BIG kids adults swimming for ~5 hours! 


The idea for this play date all started with the adorable Lorax inspired set I won 
from Icing Designs.  Everything was just gorgeous.  
Having a party to celebrate Earth Day seemed like a no-brainer.

Here are some of the highlights..
I took zero pictures of the kids but trust me, my wet/dirty/sticky floors know they were here :)
DSCN7452
The 'save the trees' banner and favor tags are from Icing Designs.  
The Lorax inspired print is from Lauren McKinsey.

DSCN7440


I used the tissue paper flowers from my birthday and turned them into Truffula Trees (slipped the wire through a striped straw)..easy peasey.
DSCN7427

I had a lot of tissue paper flowers to re-use :)
DSCN7456

I kept the food simple.  We had pizza, wings, chips & salsa and fruit. 
 Nothing fancy. 
 I did make some 'dirt cups' for the kids.  
I totally cheated and bought pudding and just added crushed Oreos and a gummy worm.
loraxdirtcups

I also made cupcakes.  I tried to make them look like Truffula Trees 
DSCN7459
I was so excited to use The Pastry Pedestal 
(I won them a while back, you should rush and buy some)

DSCN7457
I displayed the cupcakes Truffula Trees using floral foam covered in shredded paper. 
 It was a bonus that the shredded paper looked like grass :)

and..this is what the inside of the cupcakes looked like...Earth :)
earthcupcake

The kids had a good time swimming and running around and eating and swimming and running around and eating..you get the idea.
When it was time to leave, I sent everyone home with a fun goodie bag.
A Lorax inspired mustache (adorable ribbon from Ribbon Revelry), a tiny clay pot (3/$1 at Dollar Tree) and a seeded paper flower (I got the paper from Bloomin' ).  
loraxfavor


DSCN7432
The idea was each kid could plant their own 'truffula' tree. 

We all had a good time!

I plan on doing a giveaway tomorrow..so come back!!!!

I have PTA duties this week..the school's BIG fundraiser is this weekend.  I have a few things to finish up for that.  I am also making t-shirts for the lizard's class to wear to Field Day - remember how much fun that was??  I will be sending out our Superhero Swim birthday invitations, which means I need to start working on the capes/towels - eek!  I'll be sure to show the good, bad and ugly of that process :)

I hope you all have a great MONDAY!!




7 comments:

The Party Animal said...

Ok now that is just way too cute and creative - love love love

Kristy {the purple pug} said...

Super cute + sweet. Charmed by the tissue Truffula Trees. Perfect playdate.

FrouFrouBritches said...

Super cute! You amaze me with all your party planning. I love the earth cupcakes and the the Pastry Pedestals are awesome! Love it all!

Laura - Eye Candy Creative Studio said...

such a cute & fun party! Love it!

Kelli W said...

What a fun party! I love the favors and the cute tissue trees!

Evelisa (NY) said...

These are great ideas for a kids party. My favorite is the earth cupcakes.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

You did such a great job! I love the tissue paper flowers and cupcakes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails