Tuesday, August 17, 2010

and so it begins...

I'm one of 'those' moms - there, I said it!  
As the first day of pre-school approached, I was nervous for the lizard.  
I wanted him to enjoy school.  I wanted him to make lots of friends.  
I wanted him to thrive. 
I also wanted the teachers to like him...
which meant, mama was getting a 'first day of school' gift for the teachers.   
I had to come up with something functional, clever, cute & not too expensive.  
I headed out to pick up some sneakers (w/velcro) :) 
and made a stop at Bath&Body Works.  
My plan was to get anti-bacterial gel for the teachers - apple scented, of course.  
Well, I'm not the only mommy looking to bribe some teachers.  They had a ton of apple shaped antibacterial soap and hand gel dispensers.  So cute. 
Needless to say, this is what the lizard put on the teacher's desk - day 1!!

Here's the lizard (and ladybug) ready for his first day of preschool.  
I'm happy to report - he likes it (so far)

if you look really close - you can see the turquoise ribbon (hanging on the lunchbox)..
I switched out the star ribbon on his lunch box bling for a more masculine 
turquoise and lime polka dot ribbon :)
********************************************************

Don't forget about the Purple Trail Giveaway.  
It's a great site with tons of options to make your next celebration a HIT!  
Click here for all the details (and to enter)


3 comments:

Maxabella said...

A 'first day' gift... what a great idea! I wondered what I've been doing wrong all this time. There are others bringing gifts!! So that's why my child isn't star of the class. LOL. Your boy looks so pleased with himself on his first day. x

PS - my boy has a blue and white striped ribbon on his backpack. He's only just starting to notice that a ribbon might not be, you know, macho enough... x

Jodee said...

Great idea! I bet his teacher will love it. Cute picture! My kiddos head back to school tomorrow.

Unknown said...

So thoughtful and a great idea! Although anxious, you must be such a proud mommy! Congrats to you and your little one on this momentous occasion!

Related Posts with Thumbnails