Wednesday, October 6, 2010

spider-ific wreath

All from the dollar store.  
Floral wreath, bath puff (pouf, poof..whatever you call it) and some spider rings.
I spray painted the wreath could leave it green for the 'slime' color.  
Cut the rope holding the bath puff together and stretch it out.  
Start wrapping it around the wreath.  

*you could totally hot glue it to the form...I took the lazy easy way out and just wrapped.  Once I got all the way around, 
I played with it until I got the 'look' I wanted.  
I gathered the top and tied it with a black twisty tie 
(don't judge, it was all I could grab).  
I snipped the ring part of the cheapo spiders so they would grab on the puff.  

About 10 minutes (not counting paint drying time) later, 
I had a cute, simple and super cheap wreath.  
It's now proudly hanging over our fireplace.

Show and Tell Green


Kelly @ Blessed Mommy, Blessed Wife said...

What a cute idea! Great job :)

So glad that you guest posted on Kelli's blog yesteday - love yours and am happy to have found it!

Lelan @ Good Gravy! said...

Fab idea. I want to celebrate Halloween at your place this year.

Kelli said...

Cute! :) I don't typically do a lot of Halloween decorating (just not my favorite holiday) but I may have to try this. The kids would like it!

swankychicfete said...

thanks for sharing! what an easy fun idea!

Ellen said...

Very clever! Its cute & just the right amount of spooky.

Kelli @ RTSM said...

Very cute! I love that you got everything at the dollar store! I just bought stuff to make wreaths for my front I just need the time!

Jodee Leader said...

So cute and clever too!

An Experiment in Happiness said...

Cute! Very creative!

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too said...

That is really cute!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails