Tuesday, December 7, 2010

dreidels (part deux)

so I made some treats last week.  
Here's the post - snowmen and dreidels.  
After I made my simple dreidels..Dawn at Not Just A Mommy 
(who has a fab new look, btw) 
showed me Martha Stewart's dreidels.  
Let's just say, they make mine look weak!

Fast forward to Monday.  
I listen to some of the kids read at the lizard's preschool 
then I read a few books to the whole class.  
I brought in a book about Hanukkah today.  
It was the perfect chance to 'fancy' up my dreidels.  
Here's what I came up with..I just added sprinkles.  
The kids loved them & that's all that matters.**


**We are having our annual Hanukkah party on Thursday... 
there may be a part tres :)

Speaking of our party, here are a few peeks of the prep work.  
Since most of my parties are geared toward the under-10 crowd, 
I like to come up with things to keep them busy.

food colored pasta..good for making 'jewelry' and/or works of art.

Star shaped crayons (made from broken bits).  
I'll have coloring pages too.

Our dreidel 'board'..
I made this last year to give the kids a confined place to play.  
Just posterboard with glued on big dreidels.
If you haven't checked out apples4theteacher.com - you should.  
It's a great resource!  For all holidays and occasions. 
Plus you can add color to their coloring pages then print.  
I've even customized the dreidels with everyone's favorite football colors :) 


These are milk cartons from Frog Prince Paperie.  
These are filled with gelt (chocolate coins) and a dreidel.
The entire Hanukkah set is great - can't wait to get it all set up.


I hope everyone is having a great week so far...
it's finally cold in Florida (and I'm already complaining - haha)


7 comments:

JC's Loft said...

SO many fun projects I don't know where to start!!!! Looks like you have been busy! I love the milk cartons, cute.

Paula

Lelan @ Good Gravy! said...

The little Stars of David sent me over the top. Love it!

Kelli W said...

How fun is that pasta! I love the crayons too! Something like that would be a great gift for the kiddos in my boys' classes this year!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Those dreidels are too cute (and yummy looking). :)

Jodee said...

Wow! You have been soooo busy!

FrouFrouBritches said...

You always have the BEST STUFF!! You amaze me!

testing 1 said...

Oh stop, you know you are awesome! Martha has a team of 20, I bet she hasn't come up with anything since she became 'Martha'

Where on earth did you find Star Of David pasta?

Related Posts with Thumbnails