Monday, December 6, 2010

skinny snowman

I saw this snowman at my mom's so I thought I'd share him with you.  

This was a project from 2 years ago, BB (before blogging).  
I saw the idea for Snowman Pavers in a magazine.  
Family Fun, I believe.  I looked all over for those funny shaped pavers.  Never found them.  So I settled for thin ones (they were ~.40 a piece).  
I sprayed them white..added a felt scarf 
(no pattern needed..just cut strips of felt & snipped the ends to look like fringe).  
Added poms and pipe cleaner for earmuffs.  
Googly eyes, pom for a nose & mouth drawn on with my fave black Sharpie.  
I was lucky enough to have a collection of buttons 
from my great-grandmother.  
I made several of these little guys and gave them as gifts 
to my mom, aunts and uncle.
(it was their grandmother's buttons)

I realize that snowmen are usually round and much bigger...
but hey, I live in Florida :)
Sometimes you gotta work with what you've got!

linking up: 

It's all in My Head


mmm button

BWS tips button

Keeping It Simple


JC's Loft said...

So stinkn cute!! I just love the ear muffs, haha, adorable touch : )


Kelli @ RTSM said...

Adorable! The ear muffs are too cute!

Stef said...

Adorable! I'm doing my 1st Linky party & its all about Snowman!! I would love for you to join ;)

Alicia said...

I did a post today on snowmen and I wanted to let you know I featured yours. Thank you for sharing =)

FrouFrouBritches said...

I love this! What a great idea!! This little snowman is tooooo cute! Thanks for sharing.

Jodee Leader said...

I love snowmen! So cute!

Allison said...

OMG--BB? Too funny! He is sooooo cute! Would you come and put this post in my Vintage Pollyanna Tell Me Tuesday link party? I'd love to have you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails