Monday, June 27, 2011

Countdown to the 4th!

My plan is to share 5 days of 4th of July goodies 
(crafts, treats, food etc...).  

Today, I'm starting off with pinwheels. 
I love them!  They are cute, cool and pretty simple to make. 
I know you can buy them pretty cheap but I wanted to make my own.

I found this great paper from Sprik Space 
(there is almost any pattern you can imagine - ALL FREE).  
I printed out 5"x5" squares and glued them together 
(so I would have a pattern on both sides). 

DSCN3638

I cut, on the diagonal, almost all the way into the center. 
And poked a hole in the middle.
I also used a hole punch on one corner of each 'almost' triangle.

DSCN3641

I decided to use straws as the holder.  
I threaded the straw through the paper 
and then began folding over the hole-punched side onto the straw.  
I also used small glue dots to keep the flaps together.

DSCN3647

I haven't decided if we will use the straws for drinking...
or if I will just have them all as decoration.  

What do you think?  
What would you do with them?


linking up 

4 comments:

Melissa N. said...

I love them! I know these are so cute and easy and add such a touch!

Christy @ A Simple Favor said...

3 or 5 of them together would make a great centerpiece. Maybe red or blue jellybeans to fill the clear container? I love the stripes and polka dots!

Kelli W said...

Those are so cute! I love that the pattern is on both sides!

Jodee said...

Oh my word! Those are sooo cute! I would use for a decoration too! I can't wait to see more!

Related Posts with Thumbnails