Monday, September 17, 2012

Rosh Hashanah rewind

Wishing you a sweet New Year, if you're celebrating!! 
 And if not, I hope you have a fabulous Monday!!

Here's our dinner from a few years back.  
Enjoy!


___________________________________________________

The plan was to have dinner for 9 people at our house.  
Flat tire this...feeling sick that yada yada yada...
we ended up with 5 (2 of them, the lizard and ladybug).  
We had a kick-ass dinner (if I do say so myself)!

Since it's tradition to have apples and honey (to ensure a 'sweet' New Year) -
I decided the theme would be apples. 
To keep things simple - I got 2 bags of green apples and burlap (for a runner).
I already had the glass jars and round place mats.  
Table decor - done.


The menu ... apple chicken, kugel (noodle casserole), potato pancakes w/applesauce, vegetables and salad.

For dessert..I was stumped, until I saw this apple cake recipe.  
Found via @parentsmagazine on Twitter.  
It was so simple (took ~1 1/2hrs to bake) & it turned out great!!


Of course..I don't send people home w/out a goody
(even if it's just my mom that showed up).
I had all intentions of monogramming plates after I saw this idea from lemon tree creations (found via Everyday Celebrating).

I ran out of time..so I decided to use a paint pen and cute stickers
on my goodwill plates.
Add a crisp green apple and a 'to go' container of honey...


and you've got yourself a pretty 'sweet' New Year favor!



**what's on the table is half of what I made - we are having a total repeat of this dinner for lunch today** 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am hoping to have a Rosh Hashanah dinner tonight after being so spent yesterday that we just ordered pizza!! L'Shana Tova!! Hope your 5773 is as sweet as it is happy & healthy!

Melissa N. said...

Love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails