Monday, July 5, 2010

My Old Fashion 4th of July..

I started off the morning running in the Watermelon 5k.  Not my best time..but I finished :)
Then it was home to make firecracker cookies, apple pie & chocolate covered pretzels.

Here are some pictures of the goodies (treats).  Enjoy!

My old school pennant banner - turned out pretty cute!

I filled one robot with lollipops
(the other one is holding our forks and knives - didn't get a picture)

 favors were paper fans, water bottles and sparklers

I put the sparklers in this square vase filled with colored rice 
(I found this idea at Makes and Takes)

an old school paper chain & MacGyver style decorations :)

my mom set up tables inside..since it was nasty outside.  
She did a great job with the centerpieces!
I added the printables from paper and cake

the hats were for the lizard and ladybug.  
My mom made the 'firecracker' gifts..full of m&m's and ring pops.

my 2/$1 paper lanterns found at Target's $spot

Even though the weather wasn't ideal...we had a good time with family.  
That's what these holidays are all about.

Next up...the eats!
Don't forget to head over to Party Starters!  
Pam's Birthday Bash kicks off today & she's got GREAT goodies waiting for you!

I'm sharing my 4th with Serenity Now
head on over and see how everyone spent their holiday.


The Purple Pug said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Banners rule! I totally heart the robot. The sparklers are awesome. My total fave though is the MacGyver lollis:)
Beautiful party!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Your decorations are awesome! I love the cute banner and the Dollar Spot lanterns are cool too. :)

Southern Fried Gal said...

What CUTE decorations! Now I'm a little sad I didn't do more decorating for the holiday. Love it all!

Genevieve Le Bel said...

What a FANTASTIC party setup! Love the colored rice! So cool! Now a follower! =)

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

So fun! What a great party. The rice turned out perfect for your vase!

Related Posts with Thumbnails