Monday, July 5, 2010

My Old Fashion 4th of July..

I started off the morning running in the Watermelon 5k.  Not my best time..but I finished :)
Then it was home to make firecracker cookies, apple pie & chocolate covered pretzels.



Here are some pictures of the goodies (treats).  Enjoy!




My old school pennant banner - turned out pretty cute!


I filled one robot with lollipops
(the other one is holding our forks and knives - didn't get a picture)


 favors were paper fans, water bottles and sparklers


I put the sparklers in this square vase filled with colored rice 
(I found this idea at Makes and Takes)


an old school paper chain & MacGyver style decorations :)


my mom set up tables inside..since it was nasty outside.  
She did a great job with the centerpieces!
I added the printables from paper and cake


the hats were for the lizard and ladybug.  
My mom made the 'firecracker' gifts..full of m&m's and ring pops.


my 2/$1 paper lanterns found at Target's $spot



Even though the weather wasn't ideal...we had a good time with family.  
That's what these holidays are all about.


Next up...the eats!
******************************************************************
Don't forget to head over to Party Starters!  
Pam's Birthday Bash kicks off today & she's got GREAT goodies waiting for you!


I'm sharing my 4th with Serenity Now
head on over and see how everyone spent their holiday.


5 comments:

Kristy {the purple pug} said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Banners rule! I totally heart the robot. The sparklers are awesome. My total fave though is the MacGyver lollis:)
Beautiful party!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Your decorations are awesome! I love the cute banner and the Dollar Spot lanterns are cool too. :)

Southern Fried Gal said...

What CUTE decorations! Now I'm a little sad I didn't do more decorating for the holiday. Love it all!

Genevieve Richer said...

What a FANTASTIC party setup! Love the colored rice! So cool! Now a follower! =)

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

So fun! What a great party. The rice turned out perfect for your vase!

Related Posts with Thumbnails