Friday, August 13, 2010

giving 'thanks'...in August

inspired by I heart naptime w/Chocolate Sundaes post about blocks...
I wanted to try a version of my own.  
I had the husband cut some wood into 3 1/2" blocks
(he loves when my projects let him use the big tools).
I spray painted them orange. And then decided on a theme.  
Backwards, I know.  Anyhoo...I picked Thanksgiving.  
I dug around in my craft tub and found some 'fall' scrapbook paper.  
I used spray adhesive to attach the paper to the blocks.  Used Mod Podge to cover.  
I had some chipboard letters left over from a birthday banner I made.  
So all in all..this project was ~$3.00 (the cost of the wood). 
the 'h' may or may not be a 'y'...shhh, don't tell :)

I have 2 more sets in mind...football season is fast approaching :)

******************************************************
Big Giveaway Announcement on Monday!!  
so come back & bring some friends!! 

 UndertheTableandDreaming



Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up
        party!






Punkin Seed Productions






New Friend Fridays

15 comments:

Unknown said...

VERY CUTE! I am inspired. =0) I love the Fall. The harvest pattern you used is adorable and has me excited for Fall. =0)

I am a new follower here from New Friend Fridays at The Girl Creative.

www.joyfulhousewife.com

I hope you have a day filled with blessings and Joy.

M said...

hello, i like the description of your blog.. hopped in. :)

Lelan @ Good Gravy! said...

How dare you trump the rest of us with your Thanksgiving plan-ahead! I'm still recouping from 4th of July! Ha ha! I bow to your ever-organized, ever-crafty skills. You're so great! :)

He & Me + 3 said...

Those are adorable. can't wait to see the football ones.

Amy Meyer said...

They are so cute! Good idea for holidays!

FrouFrouBritches said...

They are soooo cute! I would've never noticed the "h" being a "y". So funny! Can't wait to see the football one!

Kristy {the purple pug} said...

Super cute. You are putting everyone to shame with the Thanksgiving crafting already! GO L&L:)

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

These are SO stinkin cute!!

Paula@SweetPea said...

Very cute! Isn't it nice to have a hubby who willingly helps with your projects?

Shell in your Pocket said...

Very cute!

sandy toe

Lorie said...

These are so cute! Thank you for sharing them!

Kristin said...

Cute!! I loooove fall - best of all, I think. Looks like you're ready for it! :)

Mommy Minded said...

I just wanted to stop by and let you know I am your newest follower! I hope that you will swing by sometime and enter some giveaways!

Megan
mommyminded@gmail.com

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

Those are very sweet. I think you did a great job!

Stopping by from Sunday Showcase. :)

What I Did Today said...

Haha! Spraying on a color before figuring out a theme is something I would TOTALLY do! I'm glad it worked out. It's really awesome. And I never noticed the y-h until you mentioned it. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails