Friday, June 29, 2012

Fab Finds Friday {4th of July}

Today I am sharing one FAB Find and the project it inspired.

Lauren McKinsey ALWAYS puts out fabulous collections. 
 I've been a fan for a LONG time & have used several of T's goodies at our parties.

When I saw this Summertime Fun Collection, I fell in love!
summertime-fun_058
 I knew I wanted to use it for our 4th of July picnic.  
 It is the perfect combination of summer/patriotic/cute!!


This adorable collection (with LOTS of items) includes 3 great coloring sheets.  
One of those sheets inspired yesterday's project.

DSCN8105

Enter...freezer paper stencil!!!
DSCN8106

Here's 'mid-project'
DSCN8116

Ta-Da
DSCN8121
(I added the 'seeds' after)

The lizard wanted a flag shirt..since watermelons are 'girly' :)
DSCN8107
(I used the smallest star from the coloring sheet for these stars) 

we went non-traditional with the color of the stars
DSCN8112

but I LOVE how it turned out!!
DSCN8122

2 simple, festive shirts inspired by one FAB collection!!!
DSCN8125


Click HERE to see the collection in action!

1 comment:

Mandy Coffey said...

those are cute!!!!!

here are the ones i made: http://smallfineprint.com/fourth-of-july-shirts/

Related Posts with Thumbnails