Thursday, August 26, 2010

and even more stenciling

I have been a stenciling fool lately (see here and here) but I was limited to a few colors of fabric paint.  In steps the creative maven (the best name!), she posted 7 steps to freezer paper stenciling.  Step #6 Apply paint.  
This is where she introduced me to 'textile medium'. 
It's a 'magic mixer' to make acrylic paint into fabric paint.  
WOW!!!  
I picked up a whole basket full of acrylic paints..plus some Textile Medium.  
Look out t-shirts...you're ass front (and maybe back) is mine! 

Family Fun magazine had a cute glittered owl featured on the cover.  
I immediately knew I wanted to freezer paper stencil it!  
I downloaded the template.  Traced it on the freezer paper.  Cut it out.  Ironed it on (shiny side down). Mixed up my paint (*the textile medium makes the paint thin - be sure to put a towel between the shirt or it WILL end up on the other side).  

Brown isn't the most exciting color...but it was perfect for this little owl!
note - the 'spots' on the owl are actually glitter left over from my not-so-great job of cleaning my foam brush.  Kinda sassy :)


I think I'm ready to try shirts that aren't white - wish me luck!

PonyTails And FishScales
 
make it wear it


giveaways

6 comments:

FrouFrouBritches said...

Love it! That's precious. I think brown is a great color - one of my favorites, actually. Textile Medium rocks! it's so much cheaper than buying a bunch of fabric paint!!

Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com said...

Great little owl!

Elizabeth Santamaria said...

I love it!!! so cute... I am gonna have to make one!

He & Me + 3 said...

What a cute owl. I love it.

Shayleah said...

This is an adorable little owl, and the brown colour is perfect! I have a huge passion for owls and am going to have to make one of these for my baby hope chest! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Shayleah said...

P.S. I loved your project so much I decided to post it on my own blog. :) I hope you don't mind!

http://mybabyhopechest.blogspot.com/2010/08/adorable-owl-t-shirt.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails